POSITION Summary: The Consumer Compliance Officer is a key, new position in Live Oak Bank’s Compliance department. This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining the Consumer Compliance Program for Live Oak Bank, which includes risk assessment, training, change management, and other key functions. An exciting opportunity to be a part of an evolving company and evolving compliance program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Consumer Compliance Officer, directly or through oversight responsibility:
- Implements and manages the Consumer Compliance Program, which emphasizes compliance with consumer protection regulations.
- Manages the risk-based compliance review function, including updating and maintaining the Consumer Compliance Risk Assessment.
- Manages reporting processes relative to the Consumer Compliance Program.
- Oversees and manages consumer compliance policies.
- Advises business line management on implementing appropriate procedures, processes and controls in line with applicable policies. Monitors business line adherence to those procedures, processes and controls.
- Helps manage regulator interaction and communications with respect to consumer compliance.
- Works closely with audit and maintains a sound relationship with the Company’s audit firm.
- Helps effect the consumer compliance training program, and manages the impacts of regulatory change.
- Is a key stakeholder and business partner with respect to business change management; ensures new products and services are compliant
- Manages and implements controls relative to third party relationships from a consumer compliance perspective.
- Helps continuously enhance and improve the Consumer Compliance Program, as well as keeps pace with new/changing regulations.
- Willing to help as needed on various other compliance initiatives; is open to learning and experiencing other compliance initiatives that may focus on commercial lending, or other matters.
- Functions as a part of a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
- Stays current with products and services the Bank is offering and with applicable laws and regulations
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment
- Detail oriented
- PC proficiency
- In-depth knowledge of Consumer Compliance requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or related field.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) Certification Preferred
- At least seven years of industry related experience in compliance functions required.
- Experience managing teams or demonstrated ability to collaborate as an individual contributor is preferred.
- Experience in current technology applications for financial services which support a Digitally-driven bank is a plus.
- Experience with compliance programs for financial services complementary to banking (e.g., title insurance) is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Must have a valid driver’s license