Responsible for the processing of corporate and subsidiary financial transactions and employee expense reimbursements. Interacts with vendors to receive proper documentation and management for proper authorization prior to payment. Maintains invoices and records of payment as required for record retention, tax and legal purposes. Responsible for identifying Company assets and accurately recording additions and deletions in the Fixed Asset module as well as disposal . Responsible for correctly identifying and recording intercompany transactions. Has responsibility for monthly depreciation and Prepaids processing as well as reviewing balances in the corresponding General Ledger accounts.
- Processes Loan Accounts Payables and Receivables for the Bank and affiliates. Works with Loan Operations to reconcile borrower-related fees and expenses.
- Interacts with vendors, as required, to ensure that a properly submitted invoice is received for a payment request and processes those requests through the Bank’s AP module according to policy.
- Prior to payment, all invoices are properly approved by designated personnel, and all invoices are properly coded to the correct General Ledger account.
- Accurately keys data and gives attention to accounting detail. Ensures that payments are issued properly, accurately and timely.
- Maintains paid invoices and records of payment as required for record retention, tax and legal purposes.
- Interacts with affiliates of the Bank to insure proper payment of all invoices.
- Responsible for recording the cost of newly acquired Fixed Assets (tangible and intangible) into the Bank’s software module. Additionally is responsible for tracking existing Fixed Assets, recording depreciation and accounting for the disposition of Fixed Assets when retired from the company.
- Sets up large items to the prepaid and accrual ledgers as items are identified.
- Makes general ledger entries as required.
- Reviews employee expense reimbursements for accuracy according to policy and processes the reimbursements.
- Clears stale-dated exceptions in the Bank’s checking accounts.
- Works with the Small Business Administration Finance Center regarding payment of fees.
- Prepares presentations and analyses of the Bank’s expense accounts for management.
- Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Functions as a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Knowledge of standard and GAAP accounting practices
- Knowledge of bank policies, procedures and criteria
- Detail oriented, high level of ownership and accuracy
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment
- PC proficiency, with emphasis on spreadsheets
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in computer software packages (i.e., Microsoft Office, Power Point, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Learning, thinking, concentration, creativity
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions
- The ability to exercise discretion when necessary
- The ability to manage multiple files simultaneously