Live Oak Labs is a fast paced development shop that functions as a well funded start-up. We are the technology arm of Live Oak Bank, who has a history of transforming banking thru technology. Having already spun-off two banking SaaS companies, Live Oak is a different kind of bank and proven leader in banking innovation. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the banking experience, with the use of open banking platforms, native cloud technologies, and modern user experiences, for our modern world.
We’re seeking talented quality and automation engineers to join our growing teams in both our Wilmington headquarters and our new office on NC State’s Centennial Campus in Raleigh. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced quality engineer to join our growing and talented staff in order to influence the future of banking.
- Acts as an advocate for quality on the team and helps to instill that mindset throughout the team.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, estimates, and testing strategies.
- Lead the effort to build in quality through the development process, including fleshing out testing strategies, testing standards, and best practices around quality assurance.
- Write maintainable test automation code at the API and UI level in a professional software engineering environment (source control, 2-week release cycles, continuous integration, etc.).
- Mentors team members on best practices for assuring quality in all deliverables.
- Develops standards, documentation, and reference implementations for automation frameworks.
- Troubleshoots and provides solutions when automation tests act inconsistently.
- Participate in training and customer support activities as needed.
- Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
- Ability to work in a team environment and not take yourself too seriously.
- Demonstrates thoroughness and attention to detail at all times.
- Ability to evaluate requirements and designs in order to flesh out testing scenarios and to implement a balanced strategy for executing those test scenarios.
- Experience automated testing of web apps, mobile apps, REST and SOAP services, and/or different database technologies.
- Programming and debugging skills in more than one strongly typed and/or scripting language.
- Proven ability to understand the big picture, as well as the behind-the-scenes technical concepts related to telecommunications, APIs, databases, message queues, and distributed architectures.
- You keep up with new technologies because it interests you, not just because it’s part of the job.
- Strong initiative to champion and support improvements to processes, tools, methodologies, and product quality.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience, plus 3-5+ years' experience in the software industry, with some years in a quality assurance related role.