Live Oak Labs is a fast paced development shop that functions as a well funded start-up. We are the technology arm of Live Oak Bank, who has a history of transforming banking thru technology. Having already spun-off two banking SaaS companies, Live Oak is a different kind of bank and proven leader in banking innovation. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the banking experience, with the use of open banking platforms, native cloud technologies, and modern user experiences, for our modern world.
We’re seeking talented software engineers to join our growing teams in both our Wilmington headquarters and our new office on NC State’s Centennial Campus in Raleigh. Our agile teams are cross-functional, so whether your skillset is frontend, backend, or full-stack, we’re interested in all of the above. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced software engineer to join our growing and talented organization in order to influence the future of banking.
- Analyze and design new features and functions to streamline the end-users experience.
- Help establish new engineer standards and participate in peer reviews.
- Write maintainable full-stack code in a professional software engineering environment (source control, 2-week release cycles, continuous integration, etc.).
- Write unit and other test automation to ensure the quality of your team’s deliverables.
- Build innovative and performant features into our next generation web and mobile applications.
- Design and implement libraries and frameworks that allow us to effectively scale development on our different applications.
- Optimize frontend code to operate responsively and efficiently in a variety of browsers and devices.
- Participate in training and customer support activities as needed.
- Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
- Ability to work in a team environment and not take yourself too seriously.
- Programming skills and knowledge of patterns and practices for object oriented design and development.
- Experience integrating with different database and third-party systems and services using REST and SOAP.
- Ability to work in the abstract when discussing problems, and use attention to detail when implementing solutions.
- Ability to understand the big picture, as well as the behind-the-scenes technical concepts related to banking, APIs, databases, message queues, and distributed architectures.
- Strong initiative to champion and support improvements to processes, tools, methodologies, and product quality.
- You keep up with new technologies because it interests you, not just because it’s part of the job
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies and other software development best practices and tools.
- Experience writing unit and higher level test automation for your team's deliverables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience, plus 3-5+ years' experience in the software industry.