Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of IT server systems and architecture that defines the technology, policies, procedures and processes required for addressing the organization’s technology needs. Coordinates and implements numerous large and small scale technical projects, assists in the creation of strategic and long term planning, and participates in on call support rotation. Lead key IT system monitoring, contingency planning, security, performance tuning, software distribution, and production support. Directs and supports IT system upgrades or enhancements. The Systems Engineer must possess a sense of urgency; hold themselves to the highest levels of personal and professional integrity, and demonstrates the ability to work effectively in an evolving environment.
- Manage server infrastructure in a scalable, highly available production environment utilizing industry best practices.
- Design, improve, and deploy server applications to meet business requirements that are cost effective and sustainable.
- Translate business requirements to architect appropriate system solutions.
- Participate in design, delivery and maintenance schemes for Linux/Windows server operating system configurations, and patching.
- Participate in automation processes and scripts to optimize our CI/CD integration and server environments.
- Execute technical projects, gather requirements, write project plans, seek approvals, and finally drive progress, towards successful implementations.
- Work closely with other subject matter experts, and provide input into annual budget planning for technology migrations and project cost estimation.
- Maintain and guide development initiatives with the DevOps team.
- Participate in the design, implementation and life cycle management of virtual hardware platforms and components.
- Participate in performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, and capacity planning.
- Actively participate in significant outage incidents, ensuring that root-cause analysis is identified and knowledge gained is applied for process improvement.
- Design, deliver and maintain Business Continuity capabilities for core services and systems where applicable.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance and participates in on-call schedules for after-hours support.
- Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Has responsibility to follow and help implement IT best practices as outlined by the Federal Financial Institution Examination Council (FFIEC) through its IT Examination Handbook booklets.
- Functions as a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Web services engineering;
- Colocation facility, AWS, and Azure
- Windows and Linux operating systems;
- Virtualization experience;
- Experience with networking, load balancing, internal and external DNS, proxy technologies, a must;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, and proactive thinking;
- Strong communications and customer service skills
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; high sense of urgency.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience is required
- Relevant information technology related certifications preferred
- 3-5 Years previous experience engineering a high-tech production Data Center environment;
- Experience maintaining complex Windows and Linux server production environments;
- Experience with implementing and maintaining virtualization solutions;
- Experience maintaining complex monitoring tools;
- Subject matter expert in one or more IT disciplines
- Experience with AWS and Azure
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Learning, thinking, concentration, creativity
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions
- The ability to exercise discretion when necessary
- The ability to manage multiple files simultaneously