Live Oak Labs is a fast paced development shop that functions as a well funded start-up. We are the technology arm of Live Oak Bank, who has a history of transforming banking thru technology. Having already spun-off two banking SaaS companies, Live Oak is a different kind of bank and proven leader in banking innovation. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the banking experience, with the use of open banking platforms, native cloud technologies, and modern user experiences, for our modern world.
We’re seeking talented DevOps engineers to join our growing teams in both our Wilmington headquarters and our new office on NC State’s Centennial Campus in Raleigh. Our agile teams are cross-functional, so whether your skill set is front end, back end, or full-stack, we’re interested in all of the above. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced engineer to join our growing and talented organization in order to influence the future of banking.
- Be a hands-on contributor that can assist with the roll-out of infrastructure, tools, and processes congruent with a cross-organization DevOps mindset and culture.
- Work with the technology leadership and the broader organization to deliver reliable infrastructure and tools that support our engineering teams and products.
- Participate in continually refining and prioritizing the work necessary to support our DevOps tools and infrastructure.
- Provide system administration and operations support for existing infrastructure and pipelines, while executing on a plan to create tools and automation that enable more of this responsibility to be moved into the engineering teams.
- Introduce and maintain operations tooling that enables engineers to get real-time telemetry on application performance, exception handling and logging, and product usage information.
- Promote the adoption and execution of industry best practices related to continuous integration and delivery, automated deployments, operations, infrastructure, support, and test automation.
- Manage high-availability and growth of our systems, service updates, systems maintenance and validation.
- Participate in 24x7 site reliability rotations, escalation workflows, and production incidents management.
- Hands-on experience and expertise with continuous integration and delivery, log aggregation and analysis, performance monitoring/tuning, and security.
- Comfortable in writing and reviewing code for automation and tools needed to support a DevOps environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Agile methodologies and other software development best practices, tools, and development processes to optimize product engineering throughput and quality.
- Extensive experience administering, troubleshooting, deploying, and configuring Linux systems in a data center and/or public cloud infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of networking technologies such as switching, routing, firewalls, and load balancing.
- Passionate about automation, configuration management, and infrastructure as code. You are the type of person that will automate the task, if it needs to be repeated.
- Experience in planning, implementation, and support of business application components, including change and release management.
- Ability to collaborate effectively Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience, plus 7+ years' experience in the software industry, 3+ years of DevOps related experience