Live Oak Labs is a fast paced development shop that functions as a well funded start-up. We are the technology arm of Live Oak Bank, who has a history of transforming banking thru technology. Having already spun-off two banking SaaS companies, Live Oak is a different kind of bank and proven leader in banking innovation. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the banking experience, with the use of open banking platforms, native cloud technologies, and modern user experiences, for our modern world.
We’re seeking a talented lead in the automation space to join our growing teams in both our Wilmington headquarters and our new office on NC State’s Centennial Campus in Raleigh. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced quality engineer to join our growing and talented staff in order to influence the future of banking.
- Champions the organization’s quality mindset and leads the adoption of new testing tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Mentors teams and individuals on best practices for assuring quality in all deliverables.
- Analyzes development practices and implements strategies for improving overall testing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintains the standards and code base for test automation tools and reusable frameworks.
- Develops standards, documentation, and reference implementations for automation frameworks.
- Troubleshoots and provides solutions when automation frameworks are inexplicably inconsistent.
- Coaches team on quality best practices and uses metrics to give teams more insights on their quality practices.
- Acts as an advocate for quality in the organization and helps to instill that mindset throughout the organization.
- Work with the technology leadership and the broader organization to deliver a clear infrastructure, tools, and strategy for assuring software quality.
- Lead discussions for determining testing strategies for complex architectures and provide implementation support for those strategies as necessary.
- Develop and maintain key metrics for measuring software quality and identifying areas needing attention.
- Knowledge of different testing strategies and techniques, with hands-on experience implementing popular testing techniques.
- Experience designing and leading a metrics based quality program for driving testing strategies and prioritization.
- Excellent knowledge of agile methodologies and other software development best practices, tools, and development processes to optimize product engineering throughput and quality.
- Proven ability to make good value-based decisions regarding testing standards and time to market.
- Strong architecture, design, and coding skills to design testing frameworks from scratch and to lead design for complex testing initiatives.
- Hands-on experience with popular testing tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, Jasmine, Postman, etc.
- Strong programming and debugging skills in more than one strongly typed and/or scripting language.
- Working knowledge of best patterns and practices for object oriented design and development.
- Proven ability to understand the big picture, as well as the behind-the-scenes technical concepts related to banking, APIs, databases, message queues, and distributed architectures.
- Able to work in the abstract when discussing problems, and has attention to detail when implementing solutions.
- You read up on and experiment with new technologies because it is in your nature, not because it's a job requirement.
- Strong initiative to champion and support improvements to processes, tools, methodologies, and product quality.
- Strong facilitator and collaborator, with the ability to build consensus without clear (direct) authority.
- Servant leader, with the ability to collaborate, influence others, and build consensus and commitment to a recommended direction.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field, plus 8+ years experience in a combination of software design, development, and testing.