Responsible for day-day ongoing monitoring and relationship management with the customer (this is the person who takes the calls from the borrower’s receivables/payables employee). Tasks detailed in Procedures document include: daily balancing & funding; receiving payments; preparing tickets; approving new Account Debtors (with Prog. Risk Manager); addressing charge backs (or payment discounts); addressing over-advance situations (with Program Risk Manager); balancing cash collateral reserve deficiency (factoring); adding Debtors to a “no-buy” list (with Program Risk Manager).
- Day-Day (highlighting key functions)
- Verification (when required)/monitoring of invoices using system funding rules; (eligibility, borrowing base compliance); required repurchases through cash collateral reserve.
- Monitoring insurance coverage (if applicable), implementing required additions, filing claims.
- Review risk trend reports with Program Risk Manager.
- Monthly customer call with Program Risk Manger to review trends and settlement of cash collateral reserve; discuss implementation of any program changes (eligibility; cash collateral reserve; advance rates etc.).
- Prepare Watch List Reports; review and present at Watch Meeting with Program Risk Manager.
- Site visits (include PRM where appropriate); recommend annual renewals with SLO/Domain Expert and review with PRM. Review field exam results with Program Risk Manager.
- Review, process and verify collateral reports and Borrowing Base Certificates submitted by borrowers. Monitor borrower loan activity and arrange for funds transfer when required.
- Reconcile monthly accounts receivable agings and inventory reporting. Review and calculate ineligibles based upon a pre-determined schedule
- Verify and process client's incoming cash receipts via lockbox accounts and cash collateral accounts.
- Assist with month-end processing and reconciliation of monthly interest billings and reports.
- Monitor and maintain quality of portfolio by alerting management of any discovered irregularities or suspected problems.
- Strong technology skills and knowledge of business computer applications
- Ability to work independently and use independent judgment with minimal supervision
- Above average communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to handle pressure of meeting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and ability to prioritize work to meet numerous levels of deadlines
- Ability to set priorities, and the discipline to execute to those priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to communicate complex technical solutions to management or team members is essential.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Must have good time management and organizational skills and adhere to deadlines
- Collaborative and handles constructive criticism
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives while meeting scope, schedule, cost, and quality requirements
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 1-5 years in a Banking, Accounting or Finance position preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment Requirements:
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Frequent travel is required
- Learning, thinking, concentration, creativity
- The ability to interact with others, work as a team and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in regards to tight deadlines
- The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion when necessary