The Paralegal II is accountable for gathering & investigating the appropriate information associated with the Bank’s commercial loan operations. Assist with reviewing/drafting documents for the Bank and SBA Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) compliance. The Paralegal II will be responsible for preparing and recording/filing documents as needed. Has responsibility for cross-checking the information gathered and its credibility. Accurate documentation, data, transcripts and files are required.
- Prepares and gathers documentation and creates files for paid out loans, UCC-3 Continuations and Loan Modifications.
- Prepare and record/file applicable documents to release and/or continue liens held as the Bank’s collateral.
- Receive, scan and upload incoming mail and determine if documentation is accurate and applicable to the file.
- Assistance with general administrative duties, as needed.
- Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Functions as a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
- Maintains technical knowledge and skills through training as needed.
- Gain a thorough understanding and stay current with products and services offered by the Bank
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must have effective interaction skills.
- Proficient computer, internet and electronic researching skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic and creative
- Understands the importance of collaborating with a team to generate the best possible end product
- High school diploma or GED required
- College degree preferred
- Certification in paralegal studies preferred
- In depth knowledge of legal terms and rules
- Familiarity with court proceedings preferred
- Adequate accreditation to support the Bank's attorneys
- Minimum of 1-3 years of paralegal experience is strongly preferred.
- Commercial, Transactional or Banking experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Learning, thinking, concentration, creativity
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions
- The ability to exercise discretion when necessary
- The ability to manage multiple files simultaneously