The Business Analyst plays a critical role in the Data Insights Group’s mission to enact a data driven culture at Live Oak Bank. The qualified candidate is responsible for planning, executing and rolling out data centric initiatives. This person is the internal primary point of contact and ensures proper execution and adoption of dashboards, models and other data products across Live Oak Bank.
- Lead the planning, design, execution, launch, and adoption of new dashboards, models and other data products.
- Act as a bridge between the insights team and other internal teams; business owners, sales, marketing, development, operations, risk/compliance, information security and support.
- Filter, prioritize and manage data request as they come in, using Asana Task Manager; roughly 40 new task a week are entered into Asana.
- Monitor the Insights Team Website:
- Provide training to the organization.
- Monitor Dashboard performance through Google Analytics, to help pinpoint learning opportunities.
- Manage request for new dashboard and change request for existing dashboards. Currently getting about a request a day new dashboard or changes,
- Field questions on dashboard content.
- Lend a creative eye to the design of new website pages and dashboards.
- Create and push the posts of non-dashboard content we produce. Also manage tags and organization of site content.
- Develop out documentation and training material on website.
- Manage and prioritize requests for changes to pricing model. Currently there are 16 recommended changes / updates to pricing model.
- Own relationship with Risk to organize model. Of 30 models identified organizationally, 17 were created or maintained in some way by the insights team with most of those being internal. The number of models is expected to keep growing as the organization evolves.
- Contribute to project planning sessions and other team development efforts.
- Define product scope, objectives and requirements.
- Devise and/or modify processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies to solve complex problems.
Training and knowledge transfer related to new data initiatives.
- Deep understanding of banking:
- Commercial SBA, conventional and asset-based lending
- Deposits inflows and outflows, savings and checking accounts
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Understanding of Data related topics such as modeling, dashboarding, data wrangling.
- Understanding of CRM (i.e. Salesforce.com) from tools and process perspective.
- Understanding of Data Storage Solution such as Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB, …
- Familiarity with AWS Services (S3, EC2, ECS, …)
- Strong customer service orientation; consistently meet commitments; demonstrated desire to exceed expectations.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills; ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and desire to lead.
- Conflict management and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and remain focused under pressure.
- Knowledge of project, product management and product development techniques and tools
- Qualified individuals possess the Live Oak Bank attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with internal and external teams.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Experience and proficiency with MS Office Suite
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Learning, thinking, concentration
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer situations
- The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion, when necessary