Join a growing team, uncover unique career paths and acquire a 360-degree view of banking. The Business Analyst position works daily as a liaison between each department of the bank and the bank’s existing loan customer base. The position provides Live Oak customers a new standard of service by building relationships through face-to-face interactions and financial analysis of their businesses. The daily management of a Business Analyst’s portfolio, financial analyses and interactions with customers helps the Business Analyst obtain a unique perspective, helping them work with the Live Oak credit and lending teams; while aiding in the bank’s management of risk, growth, and credit quality.
- Responsible for the analysis of financial statements and the financial condition for a defined segment of the Bank's existing loan portfolio.
- Assists with the management of the Bank's relationship with a specified group of existing borrowers.
- Facilitates correspondence with customers regarding ongoing requests for personal and business financial statements.
- Works with a number teams throughout the bank to handle existing borrowers requests.
- Serves as a primary point of contact for customer questions regarding billing, disbursements, etc.
- Cross-sell additional bank products.
- Travel required to visit existing borrowers and industry conferences.
- Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Functions as a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Experience with and strong knowledge of basic financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows).
- Excellent computer skills (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- High degree of flexibility
- Sound judgment, detail oriented
- High ethical standards
- Has a valid driver’s license
- A Bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement
- One year’s financial service industry experience preferred
- Proficiency in computer software packages (i.e. Microsoft Office, Power Point, etc)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- Must be able to travel
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Learning, thinking, concentration
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer situations
- The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion, when necessary