WHAT IS LIVE OAK LABS?
Live Oak Labs is a fast-paced development shop that functions as a well-funded start-up. We are the technology arm of Live Oak Bank, who has a history of transforming banking thru technology. Having already spun-off two fintech SaaS companies, Live Oak is a different kind of bank and proven leader in banking innovation. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the banking experience, with the use of open banking platforms, native cloud technologies, and modern user experiences, for our modern world.
We’re seeking a Support Administrator to join our team in the Wilmington headquarters. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Administrator to join our growing organization in order to influence the future of banking.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AT LIVE OAK:
You’ll work on a key team responsible for building and maintaining corporate resources including applications, laptops, mobile devices, voice, and network components. Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely manner while keeping management informed of all issues. Work with third party vendors and employees on IT system upgrades or enhancements. Our Administrators possess a sense of urgency while holding themselves to the highest levels of personal and professional integrity.
- Manage customer expectations through helpdesk tickets and support requests.
- Ensure that network and PC/laptop problems are resolved in a timely manner. Answer operational questions by all users in a timely manner. Complete and maintain system issue reports from all departments.
- Test new software and software updates for compatibility with standard configurations.
- Execute technical projects, gather requirements, write project plans, seek approvals, and finally drive progress, towards successful implementations.
- Recommend the need for and install new hardware including servers, PC's, laser printers, mobile devices, etc.
- Work with the Bank's Compliance Officer to ensure PC/laptop users understand their responsibilities under the Employee Network/PC Policy of the Internet Policy Guidelines and have signed the acknowledgement form.
- Coordinate network, PC and internet training for Bank employees and for new employees during orientation.
- Maintain individual workstations to ensure no unauthorized software or hardware is present.
- Ensure installed management software and virus protection is working properly for systems and that data files are automatically checked for updates daily.
- Ensure Bank critical data is included in daily backups
- Participate in backup and recovery testing and exercises - instrumental in the Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Stay abreast of information technology issues and enhancements and makes recommendations for upgrades and/or replacements of hardware and software as needed.
- Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Has responsibility to follow and help implement IT best practices as outlined by the Federal Financial Institution Examination Council (FFIEC) through it’s IT Examination Handbook booklets.
- Function as a team and realize all members of the team are vital to its success.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with virtualization technology including VMware, Hyper-V, or Cloud implementations
- Previous experience in systems and network administration, banking environment preferred
- Comfortable with hardware diagnostics and repairs
- Experience with Windows and Apple products
- TCP/IP configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with Office 365 preferred
- Active Directory experience – Azure AD preferred
- Banking applications and support systems a plus
- Strong communications and customer service skills
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment with high sense of urgency
- You keep up with new technologies because it interests you, not just because it’s part of the job!
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent experience is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
IS THIS THE RIGHT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If you have the desired qualifications, below are reasons you should apply for this position.
- Want to provide the best solution that helps small businesses and entrepreneurs get the capital and financial services they need to succeed and support their local communities.
- Be a part of an organization that operates like a start-up. The team decides the best technical approach and commitments, not your manager.
- Collaborate with super-smart people to build a next generation platform with plenty of challenging engineering problems, as we enable capabilities to transform the outdated financial banking system.
- Ability to work on greenfield projects using the latest technology.