What is Live Oak Labs?
Live Oak Labs is a fast-paced development shop that functions as a well-funded start-up. We are the technology arm of Live Oak Bank, who has a history of transforming banking thru technology. Having already spun-off two fintech SaaS companies, Live Oak is a different kind of bank and proven leader in banking innovation. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the banking experience, with the use of open banking platforms, native cloud technologies, and modern user experiences, for our modern world.
We’re seeking an Automation Engineer to join our Internal Development team in either our Wilmington headquarters or our new office on NC State’s Centennial Campus in Raleigh. This is a unique opportunity for a quality minded software engineer to join our growing organization and influence the future of banking.
What You’ll Do at Live Oak
You'll work on a cross-functional scrum team within a scaled agile environment, preforming many of the activities below.
- Acts as an advocate for quality on the team and helps to instill that mindset throughout the team.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, estimates, and testing strategies.
- Lead the effort to build in quality through the development process, including fleshing out testing strategies, testing standards, and best practices around quality assurance.
- Write maintainable test automation code at the API and UI level in a professional software engineering environment (source control, 2-week release cycles, continuous integration, etc.).
- Mentors team members on best practices for assuring quality in all deliverables.
- Develops standards, documentation, and reference implementations for automation frameworks.
- Troubleshoots and provides solutions when automation tests act inconsistently.
- Participate in training and customer support activities as needed.
- Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
Software Engineers likely to succeed in this role have most of the qualifications listed below.
- Ability to work in a team environment and not take yourself too seriously.
- Demonstrates thoroughness and attention to detail at all times.
- Ability to evaluate requirements and designs in order to flesh out testing scenarios and to implement a balanced strategy for executing those test scenarios.
- Experience automated testing of web apps, mobile apps, salesforce apps, REST and SOAP services, and/or different database technologies.
- Programming and debugging skills in more than one strongly typed and/or scripting language.
- Proven ability to understand the big picture, as well as the behind-the-scenes technical concepts related to telecommunications, APIs, databases, message queues, and distributed architectures.
- You keep up with new technologies because it interests you, not just because it’s part of the job.
- Strong initiative to champion and support improvements to processes, tools, methodologies, and product quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience.
Is this the right opportunity for YOU?
If you have the desired qualifications, below are reasons you should apply for this position.
- You'll build software that matters. We make software that helps small businesses and entrepreneurs get the capital and financial services they need to succeed and support their local communities.
- You'll be part of an empowered agile team that operates like a start-up. Your team decides the best technical approach and commitments, not your manager.
- You'll collaborate with super-smart people to build a next generation platform with plenty of challenging engineering problems, as we enable capabilities to transform the outdated financial banking system.
- You'll work on greenfield projects using the latest technology. Our new platform will be based on Open APIs, NOSQL, NodeJS, native cloud and modern frontend technologies. We’re still making a lot of decisions around the tech stack, meaning you could be a key influencer in the future of our technology.