In accordance with established lending policies and procedures, assists business line general managers and senior loan officers in examining, evaluating, and closing commercial extensions of credit, predominately through SBA loan programs. May request specified information for loan applications. Responsible for assembling information required by Live Oak and counsel to properly close loans. Develops borrower relationships through friendly, courteous and responsive service. Develops understanding of commercial lending and SBA Program rules and procedures. Promotes Bank’s services to current and potential borrowers. Nurture strong relationships with referral sources in various market niches. Travels for site visits and trade shows as needed.
- While completing the application learns elements of underwriting to include the analysis of applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine if loan requests meet the Bank's and SBA's lending criteria. Learns to evaluate the sources of repayment on loan requests and do a competition analysis.
- Prepares Budgets for loans, as assigned, to be reviewed and validated by a Senior Lender.
- Learns bank policies and procedures as well as SBA standards and SOPs. Reviews loans for SBA eligibility and verifies same.
- Completes the customer interview. Makes an assessment of the customer and resolves outstanding questions related to the transaction.
- Develops expertise in use of Bank loan systems. Ensures that all documents required for the credit approval of the loan transaction are uploaded to salesforce.com.
- Develops industry expertise in specified market niches and strong relationships with referral sources in these niches.
- Ensures a smooth transfer of the customer to the Loan Closing Specialist for the closing and funding of the loan.
- Keeps abreast of economic conditions, changes and trends in customers' businesses, the banking industry and the specific market niches targeted by the Bank.
1. Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities
2. Functions as a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
3. Stays current with products and services the Bank is offering.
4. Performs other duties as required.
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
In-depth knowledge of Bank lending policies, procedures and criteria
Strong work ethic
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Marketing; an MBA is preferred.
- Formal SBA credit training is preferred
- A minimum of three years industry specific experience is required. Additional lending experience is preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Some travel is required
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Learning, thinking, concentration, creativity
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions
- The ability to exercise discretion when necessary
- The ability to manage multiple files simultaneously