In accordance with established lending policies and procedures, assists business line general managers and senior loan officers in examining, evaluating, and closing commercial extensions of credit, predominately through USDA B&I and conventional loan programs, but also via the SBA 7(a) and 504 loan programs. May request specified information for loan applications. Responsible for assembling information required by Live Oak and counsel to properly close loans. Assists loan officer by participating in conference calls with Senior Loan Officers and clients, and by populating the SF file with notes from these discussions. Develops understanding of commercial lending and SBA/USDA Program rules and procedures specifically as they relate to commercial real estate financing. Promotes Bank’s services to current and potential borrowers. Must be highly responsive to clients in deal negotiations, and increasingly knowledgeable of various loan and capital structures that can be used to finance commercial real estate assets with the utmost safety and soundness. Travels for site visits and trade shows as needed.
- While completing the application learns elements of underwriting to include the analysis of applicants financial status, credit, operational skill set and its applicability to the industry.
- Runs cash flow spreads, evaluate materials sent in by prospective borrowers and quickly develop critical questions, summarize strengths and weaknesses of the opportunity.
- Helps prepare budgets for loans, as assigned, to be reviewed and validated by a Senior Lender.
- Learns bank policies and procedures as well as SBA, USDA and Conventional standards and SBA & USDA SOPs. Reviews loans for SBA & USDA eligibility and verifies same.
- Serve as a first call liaison with U/W for questions after the deal formally enters the U/W department. The Loan Analyst would handle smaller internal questions with the larger issues being raised to include the LO/SLO in charge of the deal
- Develops expertise in use of Bank loan systems. Ensures that all documents required for the credit approval of the loan transaction are uploaded to salesforce.com, SharePoint, and third party data rooms.
- Ensures a smooth transfer of the customer to the Loan Closing Specialist for the closing and funding of the loan.
- Keeps abreast of economic conditions, changes and trends in customers' businesses, the banking industry and the specific market niches targeted by the Bank.
- Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist inthe identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Functions as a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
- Stays current with products and services the Bank is offering.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Manage constantly shifting priorities and timelines
- Collaborative, able to work in team environment
- Sound judgment
- Detail oriented
- PC proficiency
- In-depth knowledge of Bank lending policies, procedures and criteria
- Strong work ethic
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Marketing
- 0-2 years industry specific experience is required. Additional lending experience is preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Some travel is required
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Learning, thinking, concentration, creativity
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions
- The ability to exercise discretion when necessary
- The ability to manage multiple files simultaneously