What is Live Oak Labs?
Live Oak Labs is a fast-paced technology shop that functions as a well-funded start-up. We are the technology arm of Live Oak Bank, who has a history of transforming banking thru technology. Having already spun-off two Fintech SaaS companies, Live Oak is a different kind of bank and proven leader in banking innovation. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the banking experience, with the use of open banking platforms, native cloud technologies, and modern user experiences, for our modern world.
We’re seeking an IT Service Manager to join our team in the Wilmington headquarters to lead the vital components of ITIL based processes. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced leader to join our growing organization in order to influence the future of banking.
What You’ll Do at Live Oak
You'll develop, communicate, and run the processes that protect the infrastructure and applications that are key to the Bank. Our personnel possess a sense of urgency while holding themselves to the highest levels of personal and professional integrity. Below are some of the activities you would perform on a regular basis:
- Coordinate change control in a scalable, highly available production environment utilizing industry best practices.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and develop reporting to communicate KPIs as needed.
- Participate in performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, and capacity planning.
- Actively lead outage incidents, ensuring that root-cause analysis is identified, and knowledge gained is applied for process improvement.
- Identify and implement tools for change, incident, and problem management.
- Maintain change schedule and communicate all projected service outages.
- Schedule and lead Change Advisory Board meetings.
- Lead ecosystem DevOps Guild to coordinate upcoming releases.
- Interface with Vendor Management and Compliance for IT Audits.
- Design, deliver and maintain Business Continuity capabilities for core services and systems where applicable.
- Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Has responsibility to follow and help implement best practices as outlined by the Federal Financial Institution Examination Council (FFIEC) through its IT Examination Handbook booklets.
- Contributes to training and customer support activities as needed.
- Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
Our ITSM works closely with the IT, Infrastructure, and Software Engineering team so shares many of the same tools including a preferred desktop (Windows or MacOS), Jira for development change management, Confluence for documentation, and Git to keep track of configuration and script versions.
The ITSM is likely to succeed in this role if they meet most of the qualifications listed below:
- 10+ years previous experience supporting high quality production environments
- ITIL Certified
- Experience running a mature process-based Change Advisory Board
- Experience in a regulated industry
- Strong knowledge of best practices and current industry standards
- Experience with Vendor Management
- Participated in Information Technology audits
- Strong communications and customer service skills
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment with high sense of urgency
- You keep up with new technologies because it interests you, not just because it’s part of the job
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience