This role will involve uploading loan files from CDs/USBs to the Salesforce platform, monitoring the post-close email inbox, physical filing, receiving and uploading and/or filing incoming mail, scanning documents, and learning how to ascertain if post close documentation provided is accurate. It will also include loan review training and subsequent loan review responsibilities for basic SBA and conventional loans.
- Accurate in-take and upload of loan documentation.
- Monitoring the departmental email inbox.
- Scanning and filing of documentation.
- Assist attorneys and lending personnel to resolve post closing items and exceptions in a timely manner.
- Identify critical document changes that are necessary to protect the Bank versus acceptable items that do not require post-closing changes. Consult with manager in matters regarding the Bank's risk.
- Must make timely and independent decisions in the review of closed loan files and communicate those decisions in a timely manner to lending personnel for any changes that are necessary.
- Assists with reviewing, analyzing and resolving audit findings and exceptions related to loan closings.
- Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Functions as a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
- Maintains technical knowledge and skills through training as needed.
- Gain a thorough understanding and stay current with products and services offered by the Bank.
- Performs other duties as required, willing to cross-train.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Organizational as well as critical, strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Must have effective interaction skills and work well in a team environment
- Proficient computer, internet and electronic researching skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with SBA loan documentation, UCCs, Mortgages and other loan documents needed
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Banking experience preferred
- Familiarity with commercial loan documentation
- Familiarity with SBA lending procedures
- Salesforce or experience with other banking platforms preferred
- Loan closing/processing and/or real estate paralegal experience is preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Learning, thinking, concentration
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer situations
- The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion, when necessary