The Head of Deposits Portfolio Management will lead one of the most critical functions for one of the fastest growing digital banks. The role will be responsible for overall deposits portfolio and P&L management, including but not limited to: collaboratively developing Deposit product strategies, customer acquisition and engagement strategies, and building alignment across channels (loan sales and servicing, digital, marketing) to achieve business objectives. This role requires collaboration and partnership across the organization to effectively develop and deliver new products or services and drive performance-based campaigns.
Critical to this role is a deep understanding of the deposits business, strong financial acumen, and the ability to critically analyze and assess information and data to form opinions that will help shape the business. This leader will need to have a strong understanding of customer segments, customer behaviors, product and payment economics, as well as knowledge of the broader competitive landscape to inform tactics and strategies. Additionally, a strong understanding and working knowledge of key risk management practices, risk framework, legal and compliance is required to successfully manage deposits portfolios.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for the total consumer and business deposit portfolio and its financial performance
- Build and review weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual performance measurement ---- including short-term and long-term business planning of sales, attrition, engagement, balances, balance mix, revenue and expense
- Ensure business, marketing, technology, finance, and analytics partners have a clear understanding of product economics and business objectives
- Develop acquisition-based strategies to profitably grow the Deposits portfolio (checking, savings, CDs)
- Develop engagement and product use strategies to drive portfolio stability and long-term value
- Partner with technology and development to build value-added product feature / functionality
- Help identify and evaluate new areas of opportunity --- including deposit verticals, partner banking opportunities, and emerging technology capabilities
- Work closely with Pricing, Operations, and Customer Success to align product performance, economic performance and customer satisfaction
- Build first line risk management framework by partnering closely with Operations, Compliance, Fraud and Legal
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- 7+ years of experience in financial services, with a focus on strategy, analytics, and/or business management
- 4+ years of deposits-specific experience with direct responsibility leading portfolio management, sales and marketing programs, pricing and revenue performance, and/or customer insights/analysis
- Strategic thinking and the ability to synthesize various disparate pieces of information to develop appropriate products, services, or marketing activities
- Proven ability to lead a digital business and leverage technology to deliver customer solutions and exceptional customer experiences
- Strong partnership skills and the ability to indirectly lead and influence
- Strong strategic planning, analytical, organizational, time management, interpersonal, negotiation, networking, decision-making, cognitive and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required and an advanced degree strongly preferred
PERSONAL / PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Top Tier Intelligence: Ability to simplify complex situations; ability to make sound judgments; ability to research and analyze data to drive strategies and outcomes.
- Creative Thinker: Values innovation and evaluates multiple alternatives to achieve goals.
- Execution-oriented: Capable of delivering a strategy/concept to market, measuring performance, evaluating and reacting appropriately.
- Partner focused: Engenders trust among peers and partners. Concerned for personal and professional development of others. Demonstrates real empathy with the success and failures of others.
- Self Confidence: Open to other points of view. Courage and willingness to advocate unpopular position. Great willingness to share credit.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills/Team Orientation: Ability to interact easily at all levels of the organization; tactful; mature; flexible. Strong planning, organization, delegation, and decision-making abilities.
- Strong Communications Skills: Written, verbal and presentation. Understands importance of frequent and effective communication. Someone approachable, warm and engaging.