We are seeking an exceptional individual to lead UX Design at Live Oak. As the Head of the UX Design team, you will have the unique opportunity to hire, manage, and mentor a team of talented designers in UX and UI. You will also research roles while ensuring consistency, elegance, and excellence in design execution across our portfolio of products. You will be responsible for defining methodologies, best practices, and a design system that collectively makes product design a center of excellence at Live Oak. In addition, we expect you to roll up your sleeves on key projects to assist the team with user research, prototypes, and visual designs. This role reports directly the Head of Product and will collaborate closely with product management, marketing, development and other cross-functional team at Live Oak.
As the Head of UX Design, your responsibilities will involve:
- Collaboratively work with cross-functional groups and external partners to deliver clear direction, specifications, and documentation on how to execute that strategy on projects while meeting project deadlines, and confirms that the quality of projects meet the original UI/UX requirements
- Recruit and develop world-class talent, by coaching, managing, mentoring, and promoting the work of multi-discipline User Experience associates on his/her team
- Establish and communicate effective design processes through a strong understanding of user-centered design techniques coupled with practical experience in how a User Experience (UX) team should collaborate cross-functionally for maximum effectiveness delivering solutions for the platform
- Lead strong teams through rapidly evolving, complex demands, including multiple projects with dependencies on other teams.
- Develop new approaches to User Experience design based on industry best practices, including Agile development methodologies, and ensure updated communication is readily available to meet the launch demands of projects.
- Work closely with Product, Development and Marketing Leadership to create and align a product strategy that supports our Consumer’s needs, and delivers on the value of the brand and business goals
- Oversee and guide rapid, iterative conceptual design for web and mobile
- Conduct regular design reviews, elevating designs to world-class standards
- Participate in all stages of the product design and development life-cycle, including generative research, conception and definition, prototyping, UI design, and testing.
- Maintain an understanding of digital trends and practices with the goal of establishing a strong design culture.
- 10+ years experience with a minimum of 7+ years in User Experience Design or User Interface Design Management
- Senior leadership acumen with experience directing teams of three or more
- Experience strategizing, establishing, leading, and inspiring highly talented and productive user experience teams
- Ability to deliver presentations at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to drive designs that achieve business results
- Passion and experience working with development, product and marketing teams
- Extensive experience in interface design, research, and new product development utilizing Lean UX methods
- Knowledge of current UX Design strategies and trends across web and mobile platforms
- Highly motivated creative thinker
- Team player willing will to contribute to success in a variety of roles
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with shifting and dynamic priorities