at Live Oak Bank • Wilmington HQ(View all jobs)
Responsible for the all aspects of developing websites and web applications, providing expert technical leadership with regards to User Interface and User Experience Design(UI/UX) for Live Oak Banks external web presence. Recommends objective and comprehensive technical options for business problems and mentors/guides other team members. Supports the digital marketing efforts of the bank through creation and management of digital assets, working within marketing automation software, and CMS platforms.
1. Lead and drive front-end development projects to successfully implement websites, web applications, in support of Live Oak’s marketing efforts.
2. Manage website content updates, website pushes and server database migrations.
3. Initiate, plan, execute, and control development projects to meet requirements and schedules.
4. Assume responsibility for all standard methodology phases.
5. Have familiarity with a change control process and full acceptance of those guidelines.
6. Work closely with security/compliance resources to ensure website security.
7. Introduce preventive measures when resolving production problems.
8. Support service-level agreements with periodic on-call/production support responsibilities.
9. Act as team player/self-starter with the ability to analyze tasks, work independently, and to drive projects to completion.
10. Work with UI/UX and SalesForce Developers on consistent digital experience across devices and platforms.
1. Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
2. Functions as a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
3. Maintains technical knowledge by attending development workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional associations.
4. Gain an understanding and stay current with products and services offered by the Bank.
· Technically proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite/Mac programs
· Understanding of Website Fundamentals, with deep knowledge of HTML and Front End (UI/UX) Web development.
· Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to communicate complex technical solutions to management or team members is essential.
· Self-motivated and detail-oriented
· Must have good time management and organizational skills and adhere to deadlines
· Collaborative and handles constructive criticism well pertaining to design work
· Ability to manage multiple initiatives while meeting scope, schedule, cost, and quality requirements
· A Bachelor’s degree or Technical Certification in Computer Sciences (HCI)(UX) or related is preferred.
· Minimum of 5-7 years of web development experience preferred
· Experience in banking/finance is a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
· The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
· The ability to work long hours and to multitask
· Minimal travel is required
· Learning, thinking, concentration, creativity
· The ability to interact with others, work as a team and exercise self-control
· The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in regards to tight deadlines
· The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion when necessary