at Live Oak Bank • Wilmington HQ(View all jobs)
This position is responsible for the design and development of automated testing using nodeJS and Selenium. You will be responsible for creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts as well as manual regression testing as required.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Implement and develop automated test practices for service layer and web UI.
• Design and create test scripts to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for production deployment.
• Work with the QA Manager and colleagues to define and document process and strategy associated with automation and release management.
• Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates.
• Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times;Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Technical Skills -Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Initiative – Quick to volunteer; Seeks self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas
• Teamwork – Shows objectivity and openness to colleagues’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Helps to build a positive team environment
Degree in a computing related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and
• Proven experience developing automated test systems.
• Experience testing on mobile and mobile app testing.
• Experience working with GUI object recognition.
• Experience using deployment and automation tools such as ANT, Jenkins and Force.com migration tool.
• Solid understanding of object oriented programming, design and debugging skills.
• Excellent understanding of software design techniques.
• Experience with GIT and/or Bitbucket
• Experience with Salesforce
• Experience in Agile development methodologies preferable.
• Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment
Learning, thinking, concentration, creativity
The ability to interact with others, work as a team and exercise self-control
The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in regards to tight deadlines
The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion when necessary