In accordance with established lending policies and procedures, examines, evaluates, and recommends approval of commercial extensions of credit, predominately through USDA loan programs. Interviews renewable energy loan applicants pursuing structured finance for project development and collects information for loan applications. Assembles diligence information required by Live Oak and counsel to properly assess and close loans. Nurtures strong borrower relationships through friendly, knowledgeable, and responsive service and promotes Live Oak to potential customers and industry partners. Travels for site visits and trade shows.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, entity structure, and project details to determine if loan requests meet the Bank's and USDA's lending criteria.
- Prepares spreads and budgets for loans, issues proposal and commitment letters, and follows up on open opportunities.
- Learns bank and USDA standards, policy, and procedures. Verifies USDA eligibility for applicants.
- Evaluates sources of repayment on loan requests, taking into account wholesale electricity market risks.
- Completes applicant interviews and resolves outstanding questions related to each transaction.
- Recommends loans to loan committee for approval.
- Rejects loans that do not meet lending criteria.
- Ensures that all documents required for the underwriting and credit approval of the loan transaction are uploaded to salesforce.com.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with informal referral partners in the solar industry.
- Develops industry expertise in serving specified market niches.
- Keeps abreast of economic conditions, changes and trends in customers' businesses, the banking industry and the specific market niches targeted by the Bank.
- Attends trade shows and business vertical events to support business development.
- Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements, including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Functions well within a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
- Stays current with products and services the Bank is offering.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment
- Strong work ethic
- PC proficiency, including strong Excel skills
- In-depth knowledge of Bank lending policies, procedures and criteria, or willingness to learn
- In-depth knowledge of renewable energy structured finance, or willingness to learn
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Marketing or another Bachelor’s degree with financial industry experience; an MBA is preferred.
- Prior experience with USDA lending and/or renewable energy lending is not required.
- A minimum of three years banking or solar finance experience is required. Additional experience is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Travel is required
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- Able to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- Able to work long hours and to multitask
- Learning, thinking, concentration, creativity
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions
- The ability to exercise discretion when necessary
- The ability to manage multiple files simultaneously