- Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of IT network systems and architecture that defines the technology, policies, procedures and processes required for addressing the organization’s technology needs.
- Coordinates and implements numerous large & small scale technical projects, assisting in the creation of strategic and long term planning, and participating in support rotation.
- Lead key IT network monitoring, contingency planning, security, performance tuning, and production support. Directs & supports network upgrades or enhancements.
- The Network Systems Engineer must possess a sense of urgency; hold themselves to the highest levels of personal & professional integrity, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in an evolving
- Lead network infrastructure in a scalable, highly available production environment.
- Instill operational best practices and state of the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing and monitoring.
- Design, improve, and deploy technical and server application solutions to meet business
- requirements that are cost effective and sustainable.
- Deliver conceptual, logical, and physical solution specifications. Translate business requirements to determine appropriate system solutions.
- Lead design, delivery and maintenance schemes for network operating system configuration, and patching.
- Champion and build automation and tools to optimize our continuous release process and production environment.
- Execute technical projects. Gather requirements, write project plans, seek approval, and then drive progress, including hands-on participation in the projects, toward successful implementation.
- Work closely with other subject matter experts, and provide input into annual budget planning for technology migrations and project cost estimation.
- Work with development teams to ensure solution consistency and alignment.
- Design, implementation and lifecycle management of virtual and hardware platforms and components.
- Collaboratively deliver robust technology releases in a defined and controlled process ensuring no production outages.
- Participate in performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting, and capacity planning.
- Actively participate in outage incidents, ensuring that root-cause analysis is identified and knowledge gained is applied for process improvement.
- Design, deliver and maintain Business Continuity capabilities for core services and systems where applicable.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance, and participates in on-call schedules for after- hours support.
- Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Has responsibility to follow and help implement IT best practices as outlined by the Federal Financial
- Institution Examination Council (FFIEC) through its IT Examination Handbook booklets.
- Functions as a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Strong Cloud, Data Center and network service engineering;
- Strong network operating systems;
- Experience with virtualization;
- Experience with networking, load balancing, DNS, proxy technologies, web services, a must;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and proactive thinking skills;
- Strong communications and customer service skills
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; High sense of urgency.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience is required
- Relevant information technology related certifications preferred
- 5-7+ Years previous experience managing/engineering a high-tech production Data Center environment;
- Experience leading complex networked and cloud-enabled production environments;
- Experience with implementing and maintaining virtualization solutions;
- Experience leading complex monitoring tools;
- Server service experience, a plus
- Advanced network certifications, such as CCNP, CCIE
- Subject matter expert in one or more IT disciplines
Physical Demands/Work Environments Requirements:
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Learning, thinking, concentration
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer and employee situations
- The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion, when necessary