at Live Oak Bank • Wilmington NC(View all jobs)
We are looking for an accomplished Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) Technician to undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of premises. A MEP Technician should maintain a professional attitude with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines. The MEP Technician performs or supervises all mechanical, electrical and plumbing work across campus. The Manager reports directly to the Facilities Manager.
Essential & Other Functions:
· Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical and plumbing components.
· Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
· Maintain records of work performed and ongoing equipment issues.
· Develop, implement and ensure success of a MEP Preventative Maintenance program
· Respond to 7/24 hour MEP operational issues, which requires off-hour coverage via mobile phone.
· Obtain components, fixtures and fittings necessary to keep systems operating
· Manage stocks of supplies and equipment
· Review job orders and specifications and, as required, visit the project site to determine dimensions, materials and labor required to complete the project
· Frequently communicate verbally and via email with supervisor to explain and inform of maintenance and project work
· Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
· Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
· Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
· Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed
· Manage and coordinate extensive repair and maintenance work conducted by outside contractors to insure conformance with company standards and specifications
· Observe and inspect all work while in progress and when completed to ensure that specific codes and regulations are followed, materials and equipment are used properly, schedules are met, and work is performed according to plan.