Works closely with training manager and assigned mentors to thoroughly learn the construction process. Responsible for helping process construction disbursement requests from start to finish and maintaining workflow documentation for all Construction Specialists. Ensures construction funding and disbursement process is handled in an efficient and timely manner for all assigned multi-advance loans. Provides a high level of service and support to all internal and external customers. Works with third-party firms from initial project review through project completion. Ensures all construction division standards are applied consistently and in accordance with Bank and SBA policies and procedures to promote a high-quality construction portfolio.
- Collects and reviews documentation required to fund disbursements. Manages loan budgets and project timelines/efficiency. Maintains loan file and ensures all project related documentation remains current.
- Serves as the borrowers' point of contact throughout the loan's disbursement period. Fields general loan questions, provides customer service and support as well as manages loan budget for the duration of the disbursement period.
- Works with Loan Officers, Underwriters and Loan Closing Specialists to ensure all appropriate pre-closing documentation is in place and in compliance prior to initial loan funding.
- Collects and analyzes general contractor qualification documentation and submits for approval.
- Engages third-party firm for initial project review and ongoing construction inspections.
- Monitors and clears documentation exceptions related to specific loans; including follow up for insurance policies, final as complete appraisal certification, title insurance exceptions, etc.
- Prepares final disbursement documentation to include final use of loan proceeds and collateral evaluations.
- Completes modification requests on multi-advance loans as necessary. Works with internal and external parties as required to facilitate documentation.
- Provides assistance with daily tasks to Construction Team as needed to aid in their own development as a Construction Specialist.
- Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Has responsibility for following SBA Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) & Live Oak Bank requirements.
- Functions as a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload
- Professional and confidential disposition; exercise considerable judgment and discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy and ability to thrive within a high volume environment
- Strong customer service experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Knowledge of SalesForce preferred
- Legal, Title, Construction or lending experience preferred
- Knowledge of construction disbursement processes and SBA SOP requirements preferred
Physical demands/Work Environment Requirements:
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop and bend
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- The ability to work long hours and to multitask
- Learning, thinking, concentration
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in customer situations
- The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion, when necessary